The Philippine Dental Association sets a campaign in motion against the illegal practice of dentistry in response to numerous complaints hurled by the public who were victims of the said crimes. In efforts to abate and bust these illegal operations, the PDA launches a poster slogan making contest in hopes to educate the community about the dangers and disadvantages of seeking dental treatment from these illegal practitioners . Spearheaded by Chairperson for Illegal Practice of Dentistry Dr Maria Lourdes J. De Leon, the campaign will intensify its fight against illegal practice of dentistry that will showcase the negative outcomes from these illegal practices.
Guidelines for the said contest are as follows:
CATEGORIES : There are 2 categories:
CATEGORY A : Campaign to seek dental treatment only from licensed dentists.
CATEGORY B: Campaign on public awareness of the dangers of Do-It-yourself (DIY) braces, ill- fitting dentures performed by non- licensed dentists (e.g. dental technicians, under board dentists or third party entities practicing illegal dentistry in the Philippines.)
MECHANICS / RULES:
1. Each chapter / affiliate must submit a maximum of two (2) entries per category.
2. The icons, pictures, symbols, drawings, graphics etc. must be originally made. Slogan must be written in our native language (Tagalog). The PDA logo may be used.
3. Poster must be printed in A4 Photo Paper
4. Entries should include the following details:
1). Name of the Chapter/ Affiliate
2). Name and contact number/s of a representative of the Chapter/ Affiliate
3). Name of the creator.
5. Entries that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified.
6. Enries must be submitted at the PDA building on or before September 14, 2015.
7. The winning entry/s will be considered as property of the Philippine Dental
8. The decision of the judges will be final and non-appealable.
II. CRITERIA: The poster slogan will be judged based on the following:
1. Message – 50%
2. Impact – 30 %
3. Originality – 20 %
III.AWARDS AND PRIZES – 3 winners for each Category will be announced
Champion : Php 5,000.00 for the creator, trophy for the chapter/ affiliate.
1st Runner Up: Php 3,000 for the creator, trophy for the chapter/ affiliate.
2nd Runner Up: Php 2,000 for the creator, trophy for the chapter / affiliate.
Certificates of participation will be distributed to all participants of the contest.
The winning entry/s will be the official slogan of the PDA and will be used during the campaign period. Members of all chapters and affiliates are encouraged to use this campaign materials to help fight and eliminate illegal practitioners. This contest is open to all updated PDA members only. Interested parties may submit their entries to their local PDA Chapters or Affiliates.
For more inquiries you may email: firstname.lastname@example.org