The Department of Health (DOH) in cooperation with the Philippine Society of Government Radiologic Technologists (PSGRT) and the Philippine Dental Association (PDA) will conduct a two-day training course on July 30 & 31, 2015 in Davao City in compliance to the regulation of licensed clinics with dental xray facilities. All dental clinic owners with dental xray facilities are requested to comply with the regulations and standards established by the DOH by securing a License To Operate or LTO. This Certificate of Training on radiation protection will be furnished upon the completion of course.
Venue will be held at the following:
- Mindanao Training and Resource Center
- Davao Medical School Foundation
- Medical School Drive, Bajada, Davao City
Lunch and afternoon snacks will be served on Day 1. Lunch is served on day 2.
Registration Fee is PHP 4,500 on or before July 29, 2015.
Kindly deposit to:
Phil. Society of Gov’t Radiologic Technologist, Inc.
BPI Acct# 0251020019
Registration includes food, drinks, venue and hand-outs in soft copies.
Please write your name, contact number on the deposit slip and fax to;
Fax No: (02) 851-3204
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please bring your deposit slip on the first day. PSGRT will issue a receipt to the attendees.
Training Course for Radiation Safety Office of Dental Xray Facilities
Course outline: This course is in compliance with the standards and regulation of the Department of Health for operating dental xrays in the Philippines. The training course likewise intends the dental use of radiation is to obtain the desired diagnostic information with minimum exposure of the patient, dental personnel and the public.
Objective: Upon completion of this course, the participants will be able to
- To ensure adequate protection of personnel operating dental xray equipment and the public near areas where dental xray equipment is operated.
- To minimize radiation risk to the patient in dental radiology, commensurate with the required diagnostic information.
- Provides guidelines on implementing and operating a Quality Assurance Program.
- To present recommended practices for minimizing radiation exposure to patients and operators and for ensuring that dental xray equipment is used safely.
- Basic Concept of Radiation Physics
a. Xray production and properties
b. Interactions of Xray with matter
2. Radiation Quantities and Units
3. Biological Effects of Radiation
4. Personnel Monitoring
5. Principles of Radiation Protection
a. Basic Safety Requirements
6. Administrative Order
a. A.O. No. 149 s. 2004 – Basic Standards on Radiation Protection and Governing the Authorization for the the Introduction & Conduct of Practices Involving Xray Sources in the Philippines.
b. A.O. No. 2-A s 1996 – Requirements for the Control of Radiation Hazards from Dental Xray Facilities
7. Pitfalls in Dental Radiography
8. Quality Management in Dental Radiology
Methodology: Lectures and discussions
Requirements for Certification:
– 100% complete attendance as documented in the daily attendance sheet
– Must pass the evaluation examination